Blog Links

Pinterest Adventures             Good Books             Teacher Stuff             Weight Loss Surgery             Tutorials             Recipes             Essays            

Search This Blog

Link up with Me

Coming Soon! Mom's Monday Mingle

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Banana Bread: This is the only recipe you will want to try from my Mother-In-Law's cookbook




Late last week, my 17 year old walked into the house with a grocery bag filled with brownish bananas. "Mom, please make me some banana bread."  He said with the big puppy eyes.

Of course, I couldn't say no to him.  After all, he went out and got the major ingredient.  Now, yes he is capable of baking it himself, but I know that it is not the same as when mom makes it.  At least, that's what I would like to think.  I think of his request as one of the spontaneous hugs I used to get from him.

This is one of my family's favorite legacies from their grandmother who passed away last April.  Fortunately, she created a cookbook for me so her recipes could be passed on to future generations.  I told you about this in this blog post:Big Brownies: My Mother-in-Law's Cookbook





Above is a picture of her original recipe.  I think her side notes are cute.


Major ingredients above.  I use 1/2 wheat flour and 1/2 white.  I only use 2/3s of the sugar and it tastes just fine.





Three loaves will probably last us two days...maybe.  I will limit myself to one slice.  With butter.  



Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Looks good! When my eighteen year old asks for something like that, I think he only going to be around a few months longer. He leaves for college in about five months. I love making things for him anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same in our house with banana bread. It lasts two days tops, with the majorty gone by bedtime the day I make it. Newest follower from Mom's Monday Mingle, http://smilesnsnuggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, its going fast! Thanks for visiting. I am hopping right over to you to follow! Sandra

      Delete
  3. I just made banana bread for the first time. My husband loved it and it didn't last long. Stopping by from the Monday Mingle. I look forward to reading your posts.

    Karen
    http://www.sofabulouskids.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title! hahaha - I'm stopping by from Marvelous Monday linky party. I'm hosting a party and hope you will post a few great recipes! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/03/tried-and-true-recipe-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always check out this website for healthy and tasty recipe's - www.excellentprotein.com - My favourite is the sugar free chocolate pudding because it just tastes amazing

    ReplyDelete