Blog Links

Pinterest Adventures             Good Books             Teacher Stuff             Weight Loss Surgery             Tutorials             Recipes             Essays            

Search This Blog

Link up with Me

Coming Soon! Mom's Monday Mingle

Monday, February 4, 2013

Quick and Easy Monday Meals: Ranch Chicken Quinoa Bake

Last week I visited the bulk bin at my favorite grocery store. I wanted a little quinoa, and instead I got "alotta" quinoa.

I have always secretly been somewhat afraid of those bulk bins at the store.  I worried that I would open it and end up with almonds or granola covering me from head to toe.  It could happen.  I am pretty short.

I carefully slid my bag under the dispenser and whoosh!  In six seconds (I counted),  I ended up with over three pounds.  I panicked, too embarassed to let the grocery staff just put it back, I bought all three pounds.  I searched, knowing I had to find quinoa recipes so $14.00 worth of quinoa wouldn't go to waste.

This time I made one up.  It is easy, yummy, and much better for me than pasta or rice.  It had overwhelmingly positive reviews from hubby and the son. Hubby even wanted leftovers to take to work for lunch.
Ranch Chicken Quinoa Bake: 
1 Cup Quinoa-cooked 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing (Mine is homemade with plain yogurt and fat free mayo) I used my rice cooker to cook the quinoa.
2 Cups Broccoli-Frozen
3 Cups Cooked Chicken (I seasoned and broiled some chicken breasts but canned or rotisserie chicken would all work.) 

 Mix up the above ingredients and place in a baking dish. Cover the mixed ingredients with 1 Cup of shredded cheddar/jack cheese. Bake casserole in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
If you make your own light ranch dressing, this is a very Weight Watchers friendly dish!

 Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. That looks great! I'm always looking for new recipes.
    I'm your newest follower! Follow me at http://pampereddaughterthriftywife.blogspot.com/
    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through a friend. I too am just easing (and by easing I mean fighting it tooth and nail like a big girl)into the empty nest thing.
    http://aeclecticlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. I hate the empty nest thing already! Will hop over to your blog. Sandra

      Delete