Blog Links

Pinterest Adventures             Good Books             Teacher Stuff             Weight Loss Surgery             Tutorials             Recipes             Essays            

Search This Blog

Link up with Me

Coming Soon! Mom's Monday Mingle

Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Quick and Easy Meals: Nachos!

Welcome to Monday!  Instead of looking at the long days ahead, let's see what we can do to make them quick, easy, and Weight Watchers friendly.

One of my husband's and son's favorite dinners is Nachos.  Most of the time, if you eat nachos outside of your home, they are fattening and sometimes disgusting.  I don't know who eats that cheese junk that comes out of a warmer at the football field concession stand.  I know I have seen people eat it, but I don't know them.  At least I don't think I do.  I can't tell.  They usually have a hood over their head.

We make at home nachos all of the time.

I am more like another Sandra.  I like to make the semi-homemade version:

Brown your low fat ground beef with a 1/4th...ish package of prechopped onions.  Add salt and pepper to the GB mixture.

When browned, sprinkle 1/2 cup of the light GB mixture on top of one serving of Baked Tostitos chips.

Measure out 1 oz of shredded cheese.  Okay 2oz of your favorite cheese.  It doesn't matter if you count your points.  Sprinkle on top of the GB and Tostitos chips.

Place in your microwave on high for 90 seconds to melt the cheese.

Throw on a few spoonfuls of salsa of your choice.  Add a blop of light sour cream, and surround with lettuce.  It's not for decoration.  It is a vegetable.

Enjoy!  Do they still have Monday Night Football?  I must confess.  I watch Bunheads on ABC Family.  It reminds me of Gilmore Girls.



Happy Monday!


Don't forget to join Mom's Monday Mingle. It's hopping!

Would YOU like to "Co-host" with us?

Email Jessica athometake2@gmail.com
      Please help spread the news on this growing hop! Please tweet about this hop!

RULES:

1. Please follow each hostess (They are 1-4 in the link up)
At Home Take 2- Hostess
Our Changing Nest: Now What- Co-Host
Makeup Obsessed Mom- Co-Host
2. Leave a comment if you are new and want us to return the follow.
3. Grab the button and display it on your sidebar or link it to the post.
4. Have fun and meet new friends!

10 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from Naptime Review, and was JUST working on my weekly meal plan before going grocery shopping. My hubby is always coming home from work wanting to munch on something, and this looks like a super easy pre-dinner snack. Thank you for sharing!
    Nikki
    rushedmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for co-hosting :) Those nachos look super good! Unfortantly my kids are not fans so I don't get to eat them that often :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those nacho's look too good! Thanks so much for hosting. I am a new follower. I would love for you to visit back.
    Hugs,
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, I could eat nachos at every meal! Following from the Mom's Mingle!

    Chloe
    http://rainbowsandhoneysuckle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there - new follower from the Mingle...those nachos look soo good! Thanks for sharing your recipe!! :)

    Darla @ Mom's World
    http://camomsworld.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/camomsworld

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those nachos look great!

    Following from the Monday Mingle!

    Risa @ Counting My Blessings
    http://countmyblessings1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm I LOVE nachos! I'm a new follower of your blog from the Mom's Monday Mingle Blog Hop! Would love if you could stop by mine :)

    The Three Whiskateers
    http://thethreewhiskateers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! I am a big believer that nachos can be healthy too! In fact, I may just go to the store and pick up some stuff to make them tonight.

    Mommy's Firsts
    http://www.mommysfirsts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower!
    XO,
    Whitney
    http://somethingbroughtyouhere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. New Follower :) Thank you for hosting! Blessings! Diane
    www.mylifeasrobinswife.com

    ReplyDelete