Blog Links

Pinterest Adventures             Good Books             Teacher Stuff             Weight Loss Surgery             Tutorials             Recipes             Essays            

Search This Blog

Link up with Me

Coming Soon! Mom's Monday Mingle

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Monday Chores

Monday means that I have to face one of my least favorite chores: grocery shopping.  I wish there was a magic fairy who could whip up my list and deliver it to my door.  I am fairly certain my family thinks that is the case.  Really though, I am the magic fairy but I don't have any magic dust.

I try to plan ahead in order to make only one trip out per week.  I wish!  Perhaps after GI Joe leaves for boot camp this summer, one trip will suffice.  I will have to buy extra Kleenex for that occasion.  You may see me crying in the store in June near the oatmeal.

On Weight Watchers, planning is the key.  I make a weekly menu and shop accordingly.  I head to a big box store for the basics, but also stop at the friendly neighborhood store for produce and meat.  Our local Hy-Vee carries grass fed beef, and has very good quality produce, so, for me, it is worth the extra money for the quality.

Here is this week's menu and list:


Mon-Shrimp Scampi  on Rice (Pinterest Recipe)
Tues-Salsa Chicken-Potatoes
Wed-Beef Stew
Thurs-Mexican Casserole (WW)
Friday-Steak and Potatoes
Saturday-Nachos

The List
Meats
Produce
Dairy
Ingredients
Breakfast
Household
Snacks
3 Ground Beef
Bananas
Cheddar Cheese 2%
Salsa
Maple Oatmeal
Gloves
SF Pudding
Stew meat or roast
Strawberries
American
2%
Vanilla
EAS Lite Choc. Powder
Paper Towels
SF Jello
Steak
Bag Salad
Fat Free Sour Cream
Apple Pie Spice
Muscle Milk-
Chocolate
Dog Plates
Cool Whip Free
Frozen Shrimp
Cucumbers
Smart Balance Butter
Stew Veggies

Iams Canned Cat Food


Tomatoes Roma and Cherry
Unsweetened
Almond Milk
Canned Tomatoes

Bounce


Potatoes
Eggs and Egg Beaters

Frozen Onions




Lemons
Greek Yogurt
 Frozen Peppers




I have to plan.  It's the only way I can survive our schedules and my grading load.  I also save lots of money by planning and not taking the boys with me.  If they come, Oreos and ice cream end up in my cart.  That doesn't work well with my out of sight out of mind philosophy.

A nice side benefit from blogging is that I can check my list from anywhere with my iPhone.  Cool!  No more forgetting ingredients!

Sandy  

No comments:

Post a Comment